Always Grateful

Like many things in life, I believe that watercoloring takes lots of practice.  I don't think I practice this technique enough though.  For this card I used the Always Thankful Stamp Set from the Holiday Mini and watercolored the main image.  I had a really hard time watercoloring the actual wheelbarrow.  I think it was because it was such a large area to color.  Believe it or not I think I do better on the smaller more tedious parts.  Anyway, I stamped the image using Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Confetti Cream Cardstock.  Using Stampin' Dimensionals, I placed my watercolored image onto  another layer of the Confetti Cream Cardstock to give a little dimension.  I added a Crumb Cake Button and a brad from the Vintage Trinkets to finish it off. 



Now for an update on what's going on in the Sampsel Household.  I'm pleased to announce that last night Chase put his peepee in the potty for the first time!!  Mike and I must of looked like idiots clapping, cheering and jumping around in the bathroom.  Chase has also learned how to ride a Razor Scooter all by himself.  I know that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but he is only 22 months old and it's a 2 wheeled scooter.  I barely have enough balance to ride one.  I will be posting a video of this soon.  It's historical to watch.  It just doesn't look right because he's so small.  And how is Gavin doing?  Well, he continues to surprise me with his knowledge of many things.  Yesterday he gave me a lecture on the life cycle of a flea.  He also told me all about what they eat through the different stages of their life.  Although he just started the 4th grade he is reading at almost a 12th grade level from what I hear.  Everyday I learn something new from my 10 year old.  I am a very proud mama!! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  Take care.



Supplies:  Always Grateful Stamp Set, Confetti Cream, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Always Artichoke & Crumb Cake Cardstocks, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Jet Black StazOn Ink, Aqua Painter, Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke, More Mustard & Basic Gray Classic Inks, Neutrals Designer Buttons, Vintage Trinkets, Linen Thread and Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

Samantha said...

beautiful coloring and I love the new look of the blog.

MiamiKel said...

This is beautiful, Carrie! Such soft, warm colors - great color palette!

Margaret said...

Your water coloring is wonderful! Such warm, fall colors and I love how you dressed up the button w/ the brad!
Had to smile at Chase's latest milestone! We did the 'potty dance' with our girls when they were learning. :) It is awesome that you are so appreciative of your wonderful family! Those little moments are what our lives are all about!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!