Pennant Parade Ice Cream Cone- Pals Paper Arts Challenge

I knew when I started this blog back in February that I would have a hard time posting in the summer.  I was right and the last few weeks have been no exception.  The next month will be rather hectic for our family as well.  Our schedules are about to get crazy and we will try and spend as much time as possible outdoors.  Although, this week it's going to be smokin' hot so maybe I can get some much needed stampin' done.   However, I think I'm going to try something different this week.  I'm hoping to write and schedule a few posts for the upcoming week tonight.  We'll see how far I get.  lol

This week I decided to do the challenge over at Pals Paper Arts.  The challenge...whatever says Summer to you.  I knew whatever challenge I did this morning had to be quick and I only had about 30 minutes to work on it.  I decided on a very clean and simple layout.  Nothing says Summer to me like ice cream.  I stamped the cone using the new Pennant Parade Stamp set and punched it out with the Petite Pennants Punch.  As for the ice cream scoops themselves and the cherry, they're punched out using the Create a Cupcake Punch.  I believe there are endless possibilities for my punches!!  I used the Ovals Die for the Big Shot to cut out the background behind the ice cream cone and tied a bow using the new Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon.  The colors I used were Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette.



I also want to mention that if anyone in my area is interested in joining my Stamp Club, I have a couple spots left to fill.  Just email me at csampsel419@hotmail.com or call (660)707-0231.  Stamp Club will be held the first Sunday of every month at 2:00pm with the first one scheduled on August 7th.  I hope everyone keeps cool this upcoming week!!  Take care. 

7 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Sounds like you are having a busy but fun summer. Enjoy! Love your triple decker ice cream cone. Great CAS card. :-)

Joyce said...

Adorable ice cream cone-the cherry on top is so cute-I think that is Gavin's favorite part of an ice cream treat-the cherry on top!

Pam~ said...

Yummy card! Love the cherry on top! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

Ooo so cute! I love these colors together.

sarahw said...

So cute! I love that you used the cupcake punch for the scoop. Great idea.

Dixie said...

This is very cute, and very summery! You were very creative with your punches, and they made for a wonderful ice cream cone. Summer is pretty hectic, but way too short too, so enjoy these beautiful days :)

Cheryl said...

This is really adorable! Check out all those scoops on the cone. Perfect for this hot, steamy weather.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!