Betsy's Blossoms

Today over at Create with Connie and Mary we have a fantastic Color Challenge for you...Poppy Parade, Pool Party and Basic Black.  I have to say I am going to miss Poppy Parade.  It's one of my favorite colors ever.  These colors go together so well and make for a vibrant and cheerful card.  For my card I used the new Betsy's Blossoms Stamp Set from the upcoming catalog.  There are some amazing new sets and accessories in there.  I wasn't sure about this set at first, but it's growing on me.  I stamped my flower in Poppy Parade and punched it out with my 2 1/2 in. Circle Punch.  I then added a black Glimmer Brad to the middle.  The Pool Party scalloped edge was cut out using the Decorative Trim Die and I added a Basic Black Taffeta Bow to finish it off.  I really love how this card turned out.  I can't decide if it's the stamp set or the color combo.   




Make sure you stop by Create with Connie and Mary and take a look at what the rest of the design team came up with.  We hope you will join us this week for this fabulous color challenge!  Have a terrific Thursday and take care.



Supplies:  Betsy's Blossoms & Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Sets, Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Pool Party & Whisper White Card Stock, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade & Basic Black Classic Inks, Big Shot, Decorative Trim Die, 2 1/2 in. Circle Punch, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Neutrals Glimmer Brads, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots

6 comments:

Deb said...

What a beautiful and vibrant card! I love how the Poppy Parade flower really makes it stand out! You put these colors together so beautifully! And the layout is really great!!

Margaret said...

You did a wonderful job with the colors! The little banner peeking out behind the sweet bird is great!

Lisa Martz said...

Cute card, Carrie! This is very bright and cheerful! I love all your little details! Great working with you on Create!

Debbie Henderson said...

I just love this stamp set and how you used it on your layers. Very pretty card!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree, Carrie...I love Poppy Parade. I hope they bring it back some day! Love how you used the colors with this new set! Very sweet!

Donna Heber said...

Just beautiful Carrie! I knew right away it was Poppy Parade :-) Wonderful color combo and layout.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!