Apothecary Accents Framelits with Fruit & Flowers


This week over at Create with Connie and Mary we have a fabulous color challenge for you...Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso.  These are some of my favorite colors and they go great together.  I also couldn't resist using the new Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies from the upcoming catalog.  These frames are just gorgeous and they layer oh so well.  I do believe that my card this week has lots going on with all the different textures and shapes.  lol  To me this is a bit different from my usual style, but I do love how it turned out.  I started with an Early Espresso base, added two strips of Lucky Limeade scallops and a Wisteria Wonder strip that was embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  Next, I added the Apothecary Accents frames.  I used the Fruit & Flowers Stamp Set for my flowers and cut the large flower out.  To finish it off I added a butterfly cut from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die.  I wasn't sure if I could cut though the Glimmer Paper, but I managed to.  Of course you can't see the embossing, but I am perfectly OK with that. 




I also want to mention that the New Catalog Edition is coming up over at Create with Connie and Mary very soon.  It's six weeks (30 projects) of exclusive, one of a kind projects.  You will see these projects no where else on the Internet.  I have been fortunate enough to be a guest designer for the previous two editions and the projects are AWESOME!  So make sure you keep watching for all of the details over at Create with Connie and Mary.  Also, while your there don't forget to see what the rest of the design team did with this color challenge.  Have a fantastic Thursday and take care.


Supplies:  Fruit & Flowers & Petite Pairs Stamp Sets, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder & Whisper White Card Stock, In Color 2011-2013 Patterns DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper, Calypso Coral & Early Espresso Classic Ink, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral & Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Markers, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim, Apothecary Accent Framelit & Beautiful Wings Embosslit Dies, Itty Bitty Shapes & 2 1/2 in. Circle Punches, Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine, Designer Printed Brads, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots

5 comments:

Deb said...

I love all your different layers of punches and dies! Too fun!!! And the butterfly is the perfect accent! Good to know that it can cut the glimmer paper!!

Lisa Martz said...

I love all the different layers and shapes! Great combination of old an new here! Love it!

Jake48 said...

Just love the card and all of the different shapes...the layers are great....

Debbie Henderson said...

You made these colors work so well together, awesome card!

Connie Babbert said...

I'm going to LOVE those dies! Great variety of shapes to add texture! Great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!