Easter Chick Punch Art

So today is Thursday and you know what that means...that there is a fantastic new sketch challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary.  I decided to turn the sketch into an Easter Card and make a punch art chick using my Stampin' Up punches.  I used the 1 3/8 in. Circle Punch for the head, the Extra- Large Oval Punch for the body, the Bird Builder Punch for the wings, the Boho Blossoms punch for the feathers and the 5- Petal Punch for the beak.  The egg is actually one of the ovals from the Ovals Die.  I fringed the grass, added some clouds with Whisper White Craft Ink and added a little flower accented with a Basic Rhinestone to finish off this card. 




We hope that you will join us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary for the sketch challenge.  Also, don't forget to drop by and see what the rest of the design crew came up with.  Have a fabulous Thursday.  Take care.



Supplies:  Delightful Dozen Stamp Set, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Black Card Stock, Subtles Patterns DSP, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie & Pool Party Classic Inks, Whisper White Craft Ink, Big Shot, Ovals & Scallop Circles #2 Dies, Circle Scissor Plus, 1 3/8 in. Circle, Extra- Large Oval, Bird Builder, 5- Star, Boho Blossoms & 1/2 in. Circle Punches, Crop- A- Dile, Pink Pirouette Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

So CUTE, Carrie! Darling card! I have put a lot of samples in my favorites file today! Great working with you on Create!

Deb said...

Oh this is so adorable!!! I love the punched chick popping out of the egg! Great take on the sketch! Love it!

Dixie said...

This is just too sweet! Love that punched chick; he's just adorable. Really great use of the sketch and lots of wonderful details.

Unknown said...

Carrie I would like to thank you for your lovely message on my “Monday,Blues post ” when I went to look after Mum and Dad . It was so kind of you and I was overwhelmed by your kindness.
Dad is much better now, he has a recurring abscess , but a course of anti-biotics seems to do the trick. Sadly Mum had a massive stroke 4 years this May and will never be fine, she is unable to move or speak , but she can communicate by facial expressions, Dad is her carer , she has 4 x2 carers visits per day. So when Dad gets poorly I have to step to care for them both. Thank you again for your kindness. I am now back and on track . Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

This card made me smile it is so cute, I love it, bet you had fun making it.
Great work Hugs Elaine

Margaret said...

This is the cutest little chick! You are so awesome with punch art!! Great Easter card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Cute punch art card Carrie. Your little chick looks like he's ready to pounce those Easter eggs. Love the grass and tiny flower!

Beth McAlexander said...

Carrie, this is adorable! I really enjoy your blog.

I just learned about the Liebster Blog Award whose purpose is to help blogs with less than 200 followers to get a little more traffic. I'd like to present you one so that others can enjoy your talent as much as I do!

Happy stamping!
Beth

Nance Leedy said...

What a clever and fun take on the sketch this week! Your little Easter chick is adorable and I love your color combination!

Connie Babbert said...

Love this "tweet" punch art card! Too cute, Carrie!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!