Totally- A mazing

Ok...so I've been totally lacking in the Valentine's area so far and it's only about two weeks away.  lol  However, I do have a Valentine's card to share today.  I used the Totally- A mazing Stamp Set from the Occasions Mini Catalog for this 4x4 card.  This is such a versatile set and the little Maze Games are so much fun.  Kids love them.  I started with a Lucky Limeade base and added a piece of Real Red Patterns DSP.  The maze is stamped in Lucky Limeade and then I added a little heart in the middle with a little Basic Rhinestone.  This is such a fast and easy Valentine's Day card.  I thought it could be used for other occasions as well. 



Now, I have looked and looked for envelopes to fit a 4x4 card and they are fairly inexpensive, but shipping is ridiculous!  However, I accidentally stumbled on to a great tutorial on how to make an envelope to fit a 4x4 card using a standard Stampin' Up Medium Envelope while looking to purchase 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" envelopes.  How cool is that?!?  Not only is it inexpensive, but they are way cute!   The Medium Envelope measures 5 3/4" x 4 3/8".  To make one just simply seal the envelope and cut it so it measures 4 3/8" x 4 3/8".  Next, punch a half circle on the side with the seam.   Finally, using a piece of DSP measuring 3" x 4 3/8" score it at 1" (on the 3" side) and snail the 1" flap to the front of the envelope.  Also, you can click here to see the original tutorial.  She gives all the details with pictures.
 


Before I forget, I have also added a Pin It Button as the bottom of each post.  This was a request as per my fabulous Mother- in- law Joyce.  :)  She mentioned that I should have a Pin It button, but I couldn't find one that really worked. However, this weekend I finally found something I think will work.  I got it added and working I believe.  Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday.  Take care.



Supplies:  Totally- A mazing Stamp Set, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White Card Stock, Brights Patterns DSP, Lucky Limeade & Real Red Classic Inks, 2 1/2 in. Circle Punch, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Maze Game, Basic Rhinestones, Medium Envelope and Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Carrie, This is the cutest thing ever!

Margaret said...

Cute and how fun to be able to play with the card after you receive it! Love the little envelope tutorial too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!