Piece of Poison Gate Fold Card

I just wanted to share a quick Halloween card I made using the Gate Fold.  This is a really simple fold and I really like how it looks.  I also like how the card can be held closed with a piece of ribbon.  The Piece of Poison Stamp Set was perfect for this card.  I was able to make a little frame around the word "Poison".  I also have a new obsession...feathers.  They seem to be all the rage at the moment.    These feathers are actually used for Fly Fishing, but  I saw a different use for them.  You can buy cheaper feathers at the craft store.  However, I don't know how well they dye or fluff out after having ink applied to them.  These were just really fluffy and calling my name.  lol  It took me awhile to figure out how to dye them, but I finally just applied the ink directly to them and that seemed to work well.  I used a sponge dauber and Basic Black Classic Ink to dye these particular feathers.  They mat together as you apply the ink, but once they dry they fluff back out.

    


If you have any questions please feel free to email me or leave a comment.  Have a fantastic Tuesday.  Take care.


Supplies:  Piece of Poison & Woodgrain Stamp Sets, Old Olive, Basic Gray & Very Vanilla Cardstocks, First Edition DSP, Basic Black & Pumpkin Pie Classic Inks, Basic Black Satin Ribbon & White Baker's Twine, Brights Designer Buttons, Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter and 2- Way Glue Pen

3 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Carrie,

Your feathers look awesome as well as your gate fold card! I'm going to try crafting magnets on my next gate fold to see how well they work. Wonderful design with the spiders!

Jackie R. said...

Hi Carrie, Terrific card! It's so dimensional and I love the addition of the feather!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the colors, fancy fold, and most of all, the feather. Love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!